User Features & More - 3rd June 2012
Today, we're rolling out new features for our users. The core of this update is to integrate our website and all of its services with the Facebook platform.
- Navigate to the Next and Previous videos with ease. (This was a feature of the old website)
- Sign In using your Facebook account. This one-time authorisation process also grants you access to our Facebook Application.
- Once you log in and start watching videos, a Today's BIG Fail box will be added to your Timeline where you and your friends can keep track of recent videos you've watched. (You can disable this in your Profile)
- Sign up to our daily newsletters. (You can enable this in your Profile)
In order to comply with the Facebook Platform Policies, we now fully support the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol across all of our network. Extensive work has been done to ensure that users accessing our network through these protocols can have the full experience of the website and all of its services. This mainly applies to users who use our Facebook Application.
In our next update, we'll be rolling out the brand new Fail Images category of the website. If you've got any Fail Images, save them and get ready to send them in!
If you have any problems with using these new features, please contact us.
Server Move - 29th May 2012
The website and all of its services have been moved to the other side of the world to Phoenix, USA. A few problems popped up with the move, but hopefully everything is fixed and normal services can now resume.
Please bare in mind that the website and its services were previously in London, UK. European users may therefore experience slightly (milliseconds) slower load times than normal, whereas American users will see a slight increase.
If you've found a problem, please contact us so we can look into it as it may be related to the move.
New Design - 1st May 2012
After four years of being online, Today's BIG Fail has undergone it's first major re-code and re-design. The majority of features have been brought over from our old design and some brand new ones have been rolled out.
- Cleaner front page showcasing all of the FAILS in the last 7 days.
- Easier navigation using Next and Previous buttons.
- Better searching for videos.
- Widgets on the right-hand side of the website highlighting various features.
- Improved commenting features that allows users to comment using their Facebook, Twitter, Google or various other accounts.
- Mobile design for users accessing Today's BIG Fail from their mobile devices.
- Many more!
Over the past year, we've noticed an increase in users accessing Today's BIG Fail from their mobile device, with Apple's iPhone being the most popular (good choice!). To give better compatibility, videos are now available in four seperate formats to ensure they work on your mobile devices. Furthermore, the new design is mobile-friendly, so no more pinching your fingers to zoom in!
We hope these changes are welcome. If you have any comments or suggestions, feel free to contact us!